- Public University, Estd 1968
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- 15 Courses
- One of Canada’s top 75 universities according to UniRank
- Offers a range of traditional programs including physics, jazz studies, philosophy, and motion arts, etc.
- Offers hands-on, practical learning experience in the form of work-practicum and co-op placements
- Opportunities to study abroad through short-term and semester-long international field schools across 18 countries
- Assists students throughout their university life through dedicated student services
- Affiliated with ACCC, NWCCU, CUP, and CBIE
- Six men and women sports teams at the national level
- Campuses are on the ancestral and traditional territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, Lil'wat, Tsleil-Waututh, and Sechelt Nations
- An acceptance rate of 23%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Founded in 1968, Capilano University is a public university in the city of North Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. Initially, people knew it as the Capilano College and now, they often refer to it as CapU. Natives and residents of the North Shore established this institution in the hopes of serving the native communities. This is the reason behind the naming of the university after Chief Joe Capilano, the leader of the Squamish people from 1985 to 1910.
CapU initially enrolled 784 students in its first year. Now, it enrols approximately 12,700 students each year. About 2,500 students come from 80 countries around the globe. 9,000 of the student body are in for-credit programs. Nearly 1,200 students take non-credit courses. The institute offers 100 programs that lead to a range of degrees, certificates, and diplomas. These programs fall under the following areas of study:
A community of 70,000 alumni received their schooling at Capilano University. They are members of the Capilano University Alumni Association (CUAA).
- Arts and Sciences
- Education, Health and Human Development
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Business and Professional studies
- Global and Community Studies
Employment is a huge factor at this university as it gives work opportunities to its current students. Students can access information on job postings through the university's website. Career Development Centres are available to help them find employment. The university itself values its employees. The longest-serving employee has been at CapU for 49 years. Women make up 56% of the managers as well.
Capilano University is set across CapU Main Campus, Sunshine Coast Campus and CapU Lonsdale. The main campus is in North Vancouver. Residence facilities are available a little way away from these campuses. Three residence halls, Grouse, Cypress, and Seymour, house 209 students in total. Living on-campus always has its perks in any university. But CapU goes above and beyond for its students and provides them with all-you-can-eat meal plans. Events and programs such as laser tag, rock climbing, spa nights, multicultural nights, and board-game contests are common occurrences here as well.
CapU also gives priority to sports and recreation. Fitness rooms and weight rooms grace the campuses. Its sports teams, The Blues, have won 14 national titles and 59 provincial titles. Six men's and women's teams represent CapU at the national level. The recreation at this university is about having fun, being healthy and active and feeling included. The feelings of inclusion extend to the accessibility services and children's centre as well. Inclusion is at the core of the brand of Capilano University.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Capilano University
SSOP: Not required
|Application fees||CAD 135 - 135|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Capilano University through our handy list of options below!
- Three residences, Grouse Hall, Cypress Hall, and Seymour Hall, are at 2420 Dollarton Highway for student accommodation
- Single and double occupancy rooms are available
- Students with single occupancy rooms have a spare bed and desk which they can use themselves
- Single occupancy room owners can invite guests over for 7 nights a semester
- Apartments are also available
- Amenities at the CapU Residence include:
- A fully furnished room
- An all-you-can-eat meal plan
- Study rooms
- Free laundry
- High-speed wireless internet
- Access to shared TV lounges
- Events, programming, and support
Explore the courses Capilano University has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore Capilano University’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
2055 Purcell Way North Vancouver, B.C. V7J 3H5
604 990 7914
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university