- Public University, Estd 1942
- Ottawa, Ontario
- 50 Courses
- 31,522 students, among which 4,152 are graduates
- On-campus housing for 3,610 students
- 25,395 full-time students
- 965 faculty members, 836 contract instructors and 1,870 graduate teaching assistants
- 1,317 staff members and 105 library staff
- 165,000+ alumni worldwide
- Receives $95 million in research funding
- Provides financial aid worth $25 million
- 42.7% of the student body is a part of the Ontario Student Assistance Program
- 17 Canada Research Chairs
- Offers over 200 programs
- An acceptance rate of 73%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Established in 1942, Carleton University is a public research university in the city of Ontario, Canada. The institute began its operations as a private, non-denominational evening college for World War II veterans. The university started going by its present name after the provincial government chartered it as a university in 1952. Its name comes from the now-dissolved Carleton Country which, in turn, got its name from Guy Carleton, the first Baron Dorchester.
Carleton is currently the education hub of over 31,000 students. More than 9,000 students from around the world also call this university their home. Students can choose from over 200 programs in different fields that lead to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Six faculties and schools, as listed below, operate these programs:
- The Sprott School of Business
- Faculty of:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Design
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
- Public Affairs
This university moved to its current and only campus based in Ontario in 1959. Since then, the campus has provided the students of Carleton University with numerous facilities. Students can live on-campus in one of 11 residence halls. Mental health resources and counselling and health promotion services are available. International Students Services provides guidance and a community to those coming to study here from around the world. With more than 300 active clubs and societies to choose from, students can find a place for themselves that suits their interests and goals. Career services are also accessible to students residing both on- and off-campus.
Carleton University has made a name for itself in the realm of research. Every year, the university receives around $95 million in research funding. The university has many international collaborations across over 30 countries to assist research and academic exchange programs. This institute affiliates with 17 Canada Research Chairs. Carleton has also seen an increase of 59% in sponsored research revenue and 300% in corporate partnership research income over 3 years.
This university has more than 125,000 distinguished alumni across the world. Jim Watson, Ryan North, Robert MacNeil, Michelle Douglas, John Manley, and Rosemary Barton are some of the many notable names linked to Carleton University.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Carleton University
SOP: Needed for few courses
|Application fees||CAD 100 - 110|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Carleton University through our handy list of options below!
- First-year students have guaranteed housing in a double traditional room
- All-access meal plans are compulsory for first-year students
- Other students can access the reduced meal plan program
- Buildings containing traditional residence rooms:
- Lennox & Addington
- The Frontenac, Leeds, and Prescott buildings contain suite-style rooms.
Explore the courses Carleton University has to offer to find the right program for you!
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- Course LevelUndergraduate
- Course Duration4 Years
- 1st Year Tution FeesCAD 42.9K
- IntakeFall: September 2023 Winter: January 2023
Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEng)
- Course LevelPostgraduate
- Course Duration1 Year
- 1st Year Tution FeesCAD 13.0K
- IntakeFall: September 2023 Summer: May 2023
Campus & Contact
Explore Carleton University’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
315 Robertson Hall 1125 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1S 5B6
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university