- Public University, Estd 1974
- Montréal, Quebec
- 0 Course
- #1 in North America according to THE Young University Rankings, 2020
- One of the Top 100 in support of SDGs according to THE Impact Rankings, 2021
- #1 in Canada in reduced inequalities in accordance with THE Impact Rankings, 2021
- #2 among comprehensive universities
- 51,250+ students
- Almost 10,000 international students from 150 countries
- 3,000+ co-op students
- 2,250+ professors and librarians
- 118 research chairs
- $56 million+ research income
- 73 Black, Indigenous, and People-of-Colour focused courses
- One task force on anti-Black racism
- Two on-campus medical clinics
- One Indigenous direction action plan and 30 Indigenous graduate scholarships
- 12 community programs
- 11 online fitness classes
- 13 Stingers varsity teams & clubs
- An acceptance rate of 65%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Concordia University is a public comprehensive research university based in the province of Quebec of Canada. The university started operations in 1974 after the merger of Loyola College and Sir George Williams University. Commonly referred to as Concordia, it is one of only three universities in Quebec where English is the main language of education.
Concordia is the largest university in Canada by enrollment as it currently has over 51,000 students. Among them, 10,000 students represent 150 countries. Aside from undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the university also offers continuing and cooperative education, experiential learning, and academic units. Summer and online courses are also available. The following five academic units manage these:
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- John Molson School of Business
- School of Graduate Studies
Concordia University operates across two campuses: the Loyola campus and the Sir George Williams campus. These campuses provide residence facilities to almost 1,000 students in three halls. Students can visit art galleries and performance venues, including the Max Stern Restitution Project and Diniacopoulos Family Antiquities Collection, on-campus. The Department of Recreation and Athletics oversees the recreation, sports, fitness, and athletics events. Bookstores, libraries, health and wellness services, and learning support are accessible on both campuses.
The student success centre at this university provides students with career advising and career counselling. Events and job fairs occur on a regular basis. Students can access job resources and the job bank from the university's website as well. These services also extend to the 230,000 alumni of this institution.
Diversity is at the centre of Concordia's activities. The Black Perspectives Office provides resources and helps students, faculty, and staff in the Black community. Concordia University also acknowledges that it is on Indigenous land. The Indigenous Directions Office overlooks the resources and platforms given to Indigenous students. On top of these, the university provides scholarships to minority groups.
The university's varsity teams, the Stingers, take part in the Quebec Student Sports Federation of U Sports. It is also a member of:
Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate
Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
Canadian Bureau for International Education
International Association of Universities
Canadian Association of Research Libraries
Canadian University Press
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Concordia University
SOP: Needed for few courses
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Concordia University through our handy list of options below!
- The housing facility is promised to undergraduate students under the age of 23
- Three residences are available at Concordia University:
- Grey Nuns Residence (Sir George Williams Campus)
- Hingston Hall (Loyola Campus)
- Jesuit Residence (Loyola Campus)
- All the residencies are for both genders
- The residences can house 911 students collectively
- Meal plans are compulsory for the students
Campus & Contact
Explore Concordia University’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
1455 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O, Montreal, QC H3G 1M8, Canada H3G 1M8
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university