- Public University, Estd 1890
- PointeDeLEglise, Nova Scotia
- 0 Course
- Only French-language post-secondary institution in Nova Scotia
- Has an Integrated French Immersion program
- The Guaranteed Employment Policy covers the Bachelor of Education program
- Ten residential halls
- Students from over 37 countries
- Two research centers
- Five campuses
- Two faculties and one school
- Nearly 320 full-time, 140 part-time, and 50 international students
- An acceptance rate of 87%
University at a Glance
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Founded in 1890, the Université Sainte-Anne is the only French-language institution in Nova Scotia. It is also one of the two francophone universities in the Maritime Provinces. Also going by USaintAnne, the university is a non-profit public higher education institution. Formerly known as the Collège Sainte-Anne, the university got its name from the mother of the Virgin Mary, Saint Anne. This institute has affiliations with Universities Canada, the International Association of Universities, and the Association of Colleges and Universities of the Canadian Francophonie.
USaintAnne is currently home to nearly 320 full-time, 140 part-time, and 50 international students. The students can choose from over 40 programs in Business, Education, Administration, English, Sciences and Health Sciences, and French immersion studies. These programs fall under two faculties:
- Faculté des Arts et Sciences or the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculté des Programmes Professionnels or the Faculty of Professional Programs
The university’s French Immersion School provides customized training in French as a second language. It also manages two research centres, namely, the Acadian Centre and Laboratory for Innovation in Science and Industry. 90% of the students at this university get employed within 3 months of graduation.
The Université Sainte-Anne operates across five campuses in Pointe-de-l'Église, Saint-Joseph-du-Moine, Halifax, Petit-de-Grat, and Tusket. The university’s main campus in Pointe-de-l'Église offers housing facilities in ten mixed residences. Nearly 92% of the students receive on-campus accommodation. Modern classrooms, lecture halls, sports complexes and courts, conference rooms, canteens, and laboratories are available on campus grounds. Students residing on- and off-campus can participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities including sports. A softball field, tennis courts, basketball courts, and a beach volleyball court are on the premises. Students can also access the pool, skating rink, gymnasium, weight room, and cardio training room. In addition, students can also access the following resources:
- Centre for Post-Secondary Support
- Accessibility and learning services
- Health and counselling services
- On-campus doctor
- Technological resources
- Practicum and Placement Office
- Finance Office
- Campus bookstore
USaintAnne is proud of its alumni base. Its alumni association actively helps the university do its research, teaching, and community service. This association awards the accomplishments of alumni through prizes every year. Some of the notable names that have stepped out of the doors of this university include Louis LaPierre, Joel A. Prevost, and Kenton Bowick.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Université Sainte-Anne
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Université Sainte-Anne through our handy list of options below!
The University of Sainte-Anne provides on-campus housing facilities to its students in ten residence halls.
- The Beaulieu residence has 60 rooms
- There are 16 to 22 single and double rooms in the following residences:
- Breton Lapointe
- The Lajeunesse and Bellefontaine residences house apartments
- The Beauséjour residence is the largest residence with 64 rooms
- Housing options include:
- Traditional dormitory-style private or shared apartment/suite
- Private room with shared kitchen and washroom(s)
- Living room with three to five students
- The university provides separate housing facilities for women and physically challenged students
Campus & Contact
Explore Université Sainte-Anne’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
1695, Highway 1 Church Point, Nova Scotia B0W 1M0, CANADA
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university