University of British Columbia
- Public University, Estd 1908
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- 50 Courses
- $672.7 million in research funding for 9,941 projects
- 1,424 research projects with industry partners
- 1,243 research agreements and contracts with non-profits and the government
- 222 companies spun off from UBC research
- 1,904 Aboriginal students
- 6,485 unique students in UBC Extended Learning
- 28.85% and 20.4% of the students at the Vancouver campus and Okanagan campus respectively are international
- 8 Nobel Prize winners
- 65 Olympic medals won by varsity athletes
- 71 Rhodes Scholars
- 22 3M National Teaching fellows
- 2 campuses with 25 residence halls
- An acceptance rate of 53%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
The University of British Columbia is a public research university located in Canada. Its website address dons its name in short form, going by UBC. Instituted in 1908, this university is British Columbia's oldest university. UBC consistently ranks among the top three universities in Canada and the top 50 universities in the world.
The University of British Columbia is the alma mater of many of Canada's finest. Three Canadian prime ministers, including Kim Campbell, Canada's first female prime minister, and Justin Trudeau, the current prime minister, are among them. Some of the other notable alumni include eight Nobel laureates, ten fellows in the American Academy of Arts & Sciences and the Royal Society, 273 fellows to the Royal Society of Canada, 71 Rhodes scholars, and 65 Olympians.
UBC currently has 66,512 students, which includes almost 18,000 students from 168 countries. The university offers them flexible and extended learning, professional programs, English language pathways, and co-operative education. Students can also choose joint academic and exchange programs, innovative learning initiatives, and distance education programs.
The University of British Columbia calls two campuses its home base, in Vancouver and Okanagan. They collectively house the following faculties, schools, colleges:
- Faculty of:
- Applied Science
- Graduate Studies
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- College of:
- Health Disciplines
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Peter A. Allard School of Law
- Sauder School of Business
- Continuing Studies
The campuses also have residence and housing facilities. 25 residence halls with a wide range of amenities allow students to reside within walking distance from their classes.
Students at UBC may apply for scholarships if they need them. This institution has given $30 million in scholarships to students from over 105 countries. On top of the job postings made available to them on the website, students also receive the following opportunities:
- Workplace learning
- Conflict theatre
- Leadership programs
- Coaching for staff and faculty
- Career retention, navigation, and transition
- Performance conversations
- Appointment, reappointment, tenure, and promotion
- Professional development funding
The University of British Columbia is also a global hub for research. It is home to Canada's national laboratory for nuclear physics and particles, known as TRIUMF. UBC and the Max Planck Society jointly built the first Max Planck Institute in North America, concentrating on quantum materials. The Library system at UBC is also one of the largest research libraries in Canada. It has more than 9.9 million volumes amid its 21 branches.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of British Columbia
SOP: Needed for few courses
|Application fees||CAD 129 - 168|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of British Columbia through our handy list of options below!
- Residence and housing are available on both campuses
- There are 14 residences on the Vancouver campus
- 11 residences are at the Okanagan campus
- Acadia Park is the student family residence
- Residence facilities are available for the summer sessions, winter sessions or year-round
- One, two, three, or four-bedroom suites, apartments and townhouses are the different types of residence available
- Meal plans are mandatory and included
Link for on-campus housing:https://www.housing.ubc.ca/
Explore the courses University of British Columbia has to offer to find the right program for you!
BSc (Hons) in Cellular, Anatomical, and Physiological Sciences
- Course LevelUndergraduate
- Course Duration4 Years
- 1st Year Tution FeesCAD 45.4K
- IntakeFall: August 2023 Spring: March 2023
Campus & Contact
Explore University of British Columbia’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
2329 West Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
604 822 2848
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university