University of Northern British Columbia
- Public University, Estd 1990
- Prince George, British Columbia
- 21 Courses
- 4,253 students, among whom 736 are graduates
- 11% of the student body is international
- 736 professors, lecturers, instructors, librarians, and non-academic staff members
- 14,140 alumni with 15,973 credentials
- Awarded 1,085 scholarships and bursaries worth $3.266 million
- Research funding over $9 million
- Almost 16% of UNBC graduates are earning more than 100,000 USD annually;nearly 50% are earning more than 60,000 USD annually
- 15 research chairs including six Canada Research Chairs
- An acceptance rate of 80
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Established in 1990, the University of Northern British Columbia is a small, public research university in Canada. This university also goes by UNBC. Having completed 30 years of operations, this university is relatively young but it has quickly gained fame. In 2007, it earned the title of "Canada's Green University." This university also ranked as the #1 university of its size in Canada in the Primarily Undergraduate category according to Maclean's rankings in 2015 and 2016. In addition, UNBC ranked in the top three of the undergraduate category for 12 consecutive years.
This institute currently houses over 4,253 students, among whom around 3,524 are undergraduates and 736 are graduates. International students make up 11% of the total student population, which adds to the cultural diversity of this school. Students can pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and diploma certificate programs. These programs fall under the following six faculties and divisions:
- Faculty of:
- Human and Health Sciences
- Science and Engineering
- Indigenous Studies, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Business and Economics
- Division of Medical Sciences
UNBC operates across five campuses. Prince George, the location of the main campus, is home to the majority of faculties. The Peace River-Liard, Northwest, and South Central Campuses as well as the affiliated institute of Wilp Wilxo’oskwhl Nisga’a take on the rest of the activities. It also has two satellite locations at the Wood Innovation and Design Centre and the Wood Innovation Research Laboratory. These campuses provide housing and accommodation to their students. Students can also access bookstores, childcare centers, and libraries on-campus. The library consists of a wide range of journals, research papers, books, and magazines.
The University of British Columbia has a Student Career Centre to aid in the development of its students. The center provides students with the following services:
- Offering workshops to help students prepare themselves for employment
- Arranging employer recruiting and information sessions for students
- Participating in on-campus annual career fairs
- Posting career opportunities for alumni
- Listing part-time and full-time jobs for students
- Organizing co-operative education work term placements
This university has a strong and successful network of 14,140 alumni with 15,973 credentials. Through this centre, the alumni at UNBC can attend career-building workshops and view job postings. They can also list postings for their companies.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Northern British Columbia
SOP: Not required
|Application fees||CAD 150 - 150|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Northern British Columbia through our handy list of options below!
- Residence facilities extend to all graduate and undergraduate students
- The residence halls have suite-style, four-bedroom apartments
- Meal plans and meal deals are conditional and depend on credit score
- Guest accommodations are available at the Neyoh and Keyoh residences
- Kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms are shared spaces
Explore the courses University of Northern British Columbia has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Northern British Columbia’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
3333 University Way, Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9, Canada
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university