University of Ottawa
- Public University, Estd 1848
- Ottawa, Ontario
- 50 Courses
- 97% employment rate for graduates.
- Gives close to $60 million in student scholarships and bursaries per year.
- The largest and very first French immersion program among universities in Canada.
- A major economic force in the National Capital Region.
- Provides students with part-time jobs.
- Current students receive discounts, access to events, counselling, and other digital benefits from alumni.
- The largest law school in Canada.
- Its library has an impressive collection of books. It has 2,360,706 print volumes, 1,206,497 e-books and 122,175 e-journals.
- An accessibility hub to make its campus inclusive and accessible.
- Provides yearly student scholarships and bursaries.
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense$5.1K - 5.9K
The University of Ottawa opened its doors in 1848 in Ontario, Canada. It once called itself the College of Bytown. This university has gained fame as the largest bilingual public research university. Its motto is "God is the master of sciences". Of its two campuses, the main one takes up 105 acres of land in Ottawa's Downtown Core. It is next to both the residential neighbourhood of Sandy Hill and Rideau Canal. Enrollment in this university requires skills in either English or French. Its website also highlights the same languages. Students can pick in which language they would like to do most courses.
Over 75,000 students apply to the University of Ottawa every year. Currently, it houses 42,000 students from more than 150 countries. This makes the University of Ottawa popular among international students for its diversity. 17% of its student population are international students. They can pick international study programs with scholarships of up to 2,000 CAD.
The University of Ottawa offers a selection of 550 courses in both undergraduate and graduate programs. It has 10 faculties in total. They are:
- Health Sciences
- Law (Civil)
- Law (Common)
- Social Sciences
- Telfer School of Management
These faculties have departments, schools and institutes under them. The institution has 5,000 employees and more than 210,000 alumni who have made a name for themselves through their accolades. Its alumni have an association to refresh, reconnect and rediscover. They fulfil their goal by giving benefits to their current students.
The University of Ottawa aims to transform itself into an engaged university. This happens through transformative learning, cutting-edge research and sustained commitment to the community. They also foster vibrant culture, leadership, management and governance. The research here works to create a sustainable environment, shape the digital world, advance just societies, and enable lifelong health and wellness.
This institution has 23 research centers/institutes, 29 core facilities and 89 Canadian research chairs. It also has $344 million in research revenue. The University of Ottawa has made its mark in research. It has a gazette and tabaret. Students can also submit their anonymous suggestions. This helps in the improvement of the university. It also has accommodations for people with disabilities and a support system for victims of sexual violence. The student center also provides its students with part-time jobs to manage tuition expenses, financial advisors and financial grants. Residential and dining facilities with many events and clubs are also accessible to most of its students.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Ottawa
Official transcripts (English/French)
|Application fees||CAD 110 - 110|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Ottawa through our handy list of options below!
- Guaranteed housing for first-year students
- Lease agreement for 8-12 months
- 4 different styles of residence - traditional, traditional plus, suite or studio and apartments are available.
- 11 residences (LeBlanc, Marchand, Stanton, Thompson, Henderson, Rideau, 90U, Friel, Hyman Solomon, 45 Mann, Annex) are available in the
- four styles.
- Rooms of single or double occupancy are available.
- Bathrooms can be shared with roommates or floormates or be private.
- Conveniences available are double-bed(s) and air-conditioning.
- Some are within 15 minutes walking distance of the main campus.
- Meal plans, in-unit kitchenette, complete kitchen or community kitchen are available.
Link for on-campus housing:https://www.uottawa.ca/housing/
Rent Expenses; $12,546 to $20,198
Explore the courses University of Ottawa has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Ottawa’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
75 Laurier Ave. East, Ottawa ON K1N 6N5 Canada
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university