University of Quebec
- Public University, Estd 1969
- Montréal, Quebec
- 0 Course
- 39,403 students
- 3,792 international students from 95 countries
- 281,523 graduates
- 387,671 diplomas awarded
- 5,296 employees, professors, and executives
- 41 departments and schools under six faculties and one school
- 310 programs of study in six cycles
- 25 institutional research centers and 6 institutes
- 31 Canada Research Chairs, 27 Research-Innovation Chairs, and 3 NSERC Industrial Research Chairs
- 18 Strategic Chairs and 5 UNESCO Chairs
- Provides $37 million in scholarships to students
- An acceptance rate of 50%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
The Université du Québec à Montréal is a French-language, public university based in the province of Quebec in Canada. The University of Quebec at Montreal, also known as UQAM, is the most extensive constituent element of the Université du Québec system.
UQAM started its journey on April 9, 1969, by the order of the government of Quebec. Its start occurred through the merger of the Collège Sainte-Marie, a classical college, the École des beaux-arts de Montréal, a fine arts school, and several smaller schools. This university possesses relative independence despite being a part of the University of Quebec system. It thus allows the institution to print its diplomas and choose its rector.
Every year, the University of Quebec welcomes over 39,403 students. More than 3,700 international students of the student population are from over 90 countries. UQAM offers these students more than 300 study programs in the following seven faculties and schools:
- Faculty of:
- Political Science and Law
- School of Management (ESG UQAM)
Students at UQAM call two campuses their homes. The central campus is in the heart of central Montreal’s liveliest districts. Pierre-Dansereau Science Complex is close to the central campus as well. Housing facilities are available at two residence halls, Saint-Urbain and René-Lévesque. On top of other student services, recreation facilities are available in the Recreational Sports Center on-campus, such as an indoor swimming pool, racquetball court, and a range of exercise equipment.
The university was the school of learning for several notable alumni around the world. The long list of distinguished alumni includes Stéphane Jean-François Roberge, Canadian Minister of Education, Éric Salvail, Canadian television personality, and Denis Chouinard, a movie director, among others. The alumni and recent graduates of this institution can join the alumni network.
The Université du Québec à Montréal has earned recognition in North America and around the world for its excellent academic programs, international initiatives, innovative and cutting-edge research, and commitment to social development. It ranks 1st in Quebec and 6th in Canada in the area of research funding among comprehensive universities. The researchers who are working in approximately 100 research and creative units receive several prizes every year. This university has partnerships with more than 380 institutions in 63 countries. The institute also provides $35 million worth of financial aid to students through various scholarship programs.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Quebec
SOP: Needed for all courses
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Quebec through our handy list of options below!
- Two residences, Résidences Universitaires René-Lévesque (495 rooms) and the Résidences Universitaires Saint-Urbain (432 rooms), are available
- Individual studios and accommodations for two, three, four, or eight people are available
- Residences are accessible and disability-friendly.
- All-inclusive rent ranges from 551 CAD to 1610 CAD
- Rooms come fully furnished
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Quebec’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
8888, Downtown Montreal, Quebec H3C 3P8 Canada
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university