- Public University, Estd 1959
- Toronto, Ontario
- 50 Courses
- More than 8,000 international students from over 172 countries
- Over 55,000 students enrolled in more than 200 undergraduate-graduate degree programs
- Awarded 35,986 scholarships worth $74,903,183
- 330,000+ alumni worldwide
- An employability rate of 94% in 2 years
- Over 1,900 employment opportunities available on-campus
- Ranks #1 in
- Canada for publications on COVID-19 & Mathematical Modeling
- Ontario for global collaborative research publications
- Schulich School of Business ranks #1 in Canada according to Corporate Knights, Forbes & CNN Expansion
- Ranks #67 among all the universities in the world according to Times Higher Education
- An acceptance rate of 50.5%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Established in 1959, York University is a public research institution based in Toronto, Canada. It often goes by the name of YorkU or simply York. This university started its operations with only 76 students in Falconer Hall. Today, the University of York is Canada's second-largest student orientation and third-largest university.
YorkU welcomes more than 55,000 students each year. More than 8,000 international students from 172 countries make this university a culturally diverse institution. This university offers its students over 200 undergraduate and graduate programs. Students can also choose to take fully online and blended courses. Several of these courses and programs have gained outstanding recognition nationally and internationally. The following 11 faculties and schools manage these programs:
- Faculty of:
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Schulich School of Business
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Glendon College
- The School of Arts, Media, Performance and Design
York operates its functions across two campuses in Keele and Glendon. These campuses offer university housing to their students. Students can also find over 1,900 jobs on-campus. The university has 12 sports clubs, 29 inter-university sports teams, and 10 pick-up sports activities. On- and off-campus residents can also access several athletic facilities including four gymnasia, four softball fields, six ice arenas, nine outdoor tennis courts, five sport playing fields, a football stadium, three aerobic studios, a swimming pool, and an expanding fitness centre. The university also offers various amenities like libraries, cinemas, athletic facilities, studios etc.
York University prioritizes building and supporting student leadership through its academic and extracurricular activities. Students can join over 300 associations and clubs. The university also organizes various events throughout the year for them. It provides more than 82,000 experimental educational opportunities for its students. In addition, students have the opportunity to earn credits through international internships.
YorkU has made a name for itself with its high-quality education and research-oriented learning. This university is the residence of Canada's largest liberal arts faculty. Furthermore, it has 28 research centres to its name. York appoints more than 7,000 faculty and staff members to ensure quality operations. This institute also has a wide network of over 330,000 notable alumni worldwide.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for York University
SOP: Needed for few courses
|Application fees||CAD 130 - 150|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
York University through our handy list of options below!
- The university offers housing to both graduate and undergraduate students
- It has ten undergraduate downtown residences across two campuses
- Undergraduate residences have single or double traditional-style rooms that are fully furnished
- Graduate students, Osgoode law students, students with families, and mature undergraduate students who are 21 years of age or over can live in
- suite-style apartment buildings
- Undergraduate students can choose from four compulsory mandatory residential meal plans
- Six mature undergraduate and graduate apartment buildings are on the Keele campus
Explore the courses York University has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore York University’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
4700 Keele Street Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university