- Public University, Estd 1895
- Birmingham, England
- 50 Courses
- Established in 1895
- Earned the Royal Charter in 1966
- Three colleges offer around 283 courses
- Over 11,500 students from 120 countries
- More than 1,700 international students
- Two university-managed halls for new students
- The Guardian “University of the Year” in 2020
- One of the top 30 in the UK for graduate employability
- 83.4% student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020)
- 79th in the UK for research (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021)
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£6.4K - 7.5K
Established in 1895, Aston University is a reputed public institution located in England. In 1955, it became the first college of Advanced Technology in the UK. It finally earned the Royal Charter in 1966.
The university consists of three colleges with 11 schools. It operated with five schools in the past. These colleges offer around 283 courses. Popular courses include Social Sciences, Business, Engineering, Law, and Arts.
Around 11,500 students attend this college per year. They belong to 120 countries around the world. There are more than 1,700 international students as well. Aston has a student satisfaction rate of 83.4% (NSS 2020).
There are two halls for new students. The Aston Students' Union organizes off-campus housing. New undergraduates meeting necessary criteria receive guaranteed accommodation. The rooms are available in flats with en-suite facilities. The rent fee is all-inclusive with internet and laundry bills as well.
Aston invests around £1m on different scholarships for students. Overseas students enjoy three main levels of funding. There are subject- and country-specific bursaries available as well. The varsity website lists relevant information.
This university accepts various English language tests. They include IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Duolingo. Score requirements vary based on subjects. Detailed information is available on the varsity website.
Research works conducted by this institution have very high ratings. It ranks 79th in the UK for research (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021). Its Institute of Forensic Linguistics is a pioneer in improving criminal investigation endeavours. The Aston Brain Center and the medical school are excellent projects by this institute.
Aston is the Guardian "University of the Year" 2020 award winner. It is also one of the top 30 UK universities for graduate employability. All these features draw students around the world to attend Aston University in the UK.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Aston University
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Aston University through our handy list of options below!
- Two university-managed halls for new students on campus
- Guaranteed accommodation for students meeting criteria
- Rooms are in 5-bed or 7-bed flats
- En-suite facility available
- £250 booking fee
- The contract length ranges from 45 weeks to 51 weeks
- The pricing range estimates £6,405.43 - £7,497.00 (USD 8,824.44 – USD 10,328.24)
- Off-campus accommodation managed by the Aston Students’ Union
For more information: https://www.aston.ac.uk/undergraduate/your-application/accommodation
Explore the courses Aston University has to offer to find the right program for you!
BSc (Hons) Human Resources and Business Management
- Course LevelUndergraduate
- Course Duration3 Years
- 1st Year Tution FeesGBP 16.3K
- IntakeFall: September 2023
Campus & Contact
Explore Aston University’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
Aston University Birmingham B4 7ET UK
0121 204 4567
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university