Imperial College London
- Public University, Estd 1907
- London, England
- 0 Course
- Royal Charter established this institution in 1907.
- Special focus on science, technology, medicine, and business
- 9 campuses across London including the main campus of South Kensington
- Hosts 17,000 students and employs 8,000 staff in total
- 64% of the student body come from over 125 countries
- 8 halls with rooms for around 2,500 students and 2 private halls only for postgraduates
- Imperial Home Solutions program helps students find private accommodation
- Undergraduate tuition fees for 2021-22 estimate £9,250 (USD 12825)
- Postgraduate tuition fees estimate £4,500 (USD 6239)
- 14 Nobel Prize winners and 3 Fields Medalists among the alumni
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£3.5K - 11.1K
Founded in 1907 by the Royal Charter, Imperial College London is a public university in London, UK. It has a special focus in 4 fields of science, technology, medicine, and business. The college offers 112 undergraduate and 174 postgraduate courses. This institution has around 17,000 students and 8,000 staff in total. 64% of the total student body are international students. They belong to over 125 countries in the world. The main campus being in South Kensington, this college has 9 campuses in London and the South East areas.
The College has eight public halls for over 2,500 students and two private halls for postgraduates. Postgraduate halls may be off-campus. The program "GradPad" manages housing in the private halls. There are other options for private housing as well. The Imperial Home Solutions helps students with that. The halls have both single-seated and twin-seated rooms. The authority has changed some of the policies because of the Covid-19 pandemic. These include self-isolation in halls, two-seated rooms hosting only one person, etc.
This college accepts various English language qualifications. They include AS level/ A- level, Cambridge Advanced English (CAE), and International Baccalaureate. Tests for English skills include IELTS (Academic), TOEFL (iBT), PTE Academic, ESOL, etc.
The college offers many scholarships each year. They include Non-Imperial Scholarships, President's Ph.D. Scholarships and other grants.
The college funds many research programs as well. In areas of science, technology, and medicine, this college has world recognition. The institution has famous alumni around the world. It is the alma mater of 14 Nobel Prize winners and 3 Fields medalists. All these achievements make this college a noteworthy institution in the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Imperial College London
For more information: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/requirements/english/
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Imperial College London through our handy list of options below!
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 to 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 to 6.5 in all elements)
- LanguageCert International ESOL Test: ESOL B2 Test with grade High Pass for standard level and ESOL C1 or C2 Test with grade Pass for higher level
- PTE Academic: 62 overall for standard level with minimum 56 in all elements and 69 overall for higher level with minimum 62 in all elements
- TOEFL iBT: 92 overall for standard level with minimum 20 in all elements and 100 overall for higher level with minimum 22 in all elements
- Other accepted English qualifications are: AS level/ A level, Cambridge Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate, etc
For more information:
Campus & Contact
Explore Imperial College London’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
South Kensington Campus London SW7 2AZ, UK
+44 (0)20 7589 5111
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university