London School of Economics & Political Science
- Public University, Estd 1895
- London, England
- 50 Courses
- Established in 1895, joined the University of London in 1900
- Has over 12,000 students and 3,300 employees
- Almost 70% of the total student body represents 140 nations
- Being very competitive, the acceptance rate is of over 8%
- 25 academic departments offer 41 undergraduate and 131 postgraduate courses
- Over 15 halls with different types of rooms
- 18 Nobel laureates among the alumni and faculty members
- £31.8m of its income from research grants in 2019/20
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£6.0K - 14.3K
The London School of Economics and Political Science, also known as LSE came into being in 1895. After 108 years of joining the University of London, it began awarding its degrees in 2008.
Despite having only one campus, LSE hosts over 12,000 students per year. Over 8,000 students come from 140 countries worldwide. The 25 departments offer 41 undergraduate and 131 postgraduate courses. Due to its over 8% acceptance rate, LSE is very competitive.
LSE guarantees accommodation to all first-year undergraduates. It has 17 halls with different types of rooms. Especial rooms for disabled students are also available. The housing contracts lengthen from 31 to 50 weeks. The students can also consult for private housing around the area.
Among other funding programs, LSE has several scholarships for international students. It also partners with other external programs. Detailed information on the country- and subject-specific funding is available on the LSE website.
LSE accepts many tests as proof of English skills. They include IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, and ISE. Country- and subject-specific information is available on the website.
Its alumni and staff consist of 18 Nobel Prize winners. Being prolific in research works, it earned £31.8m from research grants in 2019/20. Due to its focused study area and location, LSE has become one of the most esteemed institutions in the UK.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for London School of Economics & Political Science
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
London School of Economics & Political Science through our handy list of options below!
- 17 halls with single, shared, en-suit, and communal rooms
- Guaranteed housing for all first-year undergraduate students
- Housing contract period varies from 31 weeks up to 50 weeks
- Accommodation expenses estimate around £5,955.74- £14,283.57 (USD 8156.03- USD 19560.49)
- Utility bills are all inclusive
- Total 10 catered and 8 self-catered halls are available
- Facilities include 24-hours security, reception service, common room, study areas, internet service, laundry and many more
- Furnished rooms are also available for disabled students
- Students get consultation on private housing as well
For more information: https://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation
Explore the courses London School of Economics & Political Science has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore London School of Economics & Political Science’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
London School of Economics and Political Science Houghton Street London WC2A 2AE
+44 (0) 20 7405 7686
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university