Queen Mary University of London
- Public University, Estd 1887
- London, England
- 0 Course
- The school’s history goes back as far as 1785
- Unified establishment of four colleges
- Five campuses host around 28,000 students
- Three faculties offer 136 undergraduate and 293 postgraduate courses
- Over 4,000 international students come from 160 countries
- More than 2,500 single and shared rooms available in the halls
- Offers more than 15 country-specific scholarships
- Accepts several English language tests including, IELTS and TOEFL iBT
- Almost 180,000 global alumni members
- Nine Nobel laureates among the alumni and staff
- Ranked 22nd in the UK by Scimago Institutions Rankings in 2021
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£5.1K - 8.4K
The history of the Queen Mary University of London dates back as far as 1785. An associate college of the University of London, this institution is one of the oldest in the UK. It came into being after merging four colleges. It has five campuses with the Mile End campus being the main one.
With three faculties it offers 136 undergraduate and 293 postgraduate courses. The student capacity is around 28,000 with over 4,000 international students from 160 countries. Overseas students comprise 39% of the student body.
With several halls, it guarantees accommodation to students under certain criteria. Students can choose from more than 2,500 single and shared rooms. 24-hour CCTV, internet service, and other utilities are available.
This institution offers more than 15 country-specific scholarships. It partners up with over 50 sponsorship bodies. Detailed information on scholarships is available on the website.
It accepts several tests as proof of English skills. These are subject-specific and are available on the website. For student visa, a minimum of 5.5 in all components is necessary for IELTS as per UKVI. All these test scores are valid for two years.
The institution has over 180,000 alumni members worldwide. It has an annual income of £512m, with £112m coming from research works. Scimago Institutions Rankings ranked QMUL 22nd in the UK for research quality in 2021. Its staff and alumni include nine Nobel laureates. Its position in the city of London also makes it popular among students worldwide.
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Queen Mary University of London through our handy list of options below!
- Halls provide single, shared, en-suite, and communal rooms
- 2,250 rooms for undergraduate students in self-catered Mile End campus
- 360 rooms for Medicine and Dentistry students in Whitechapel and the City of London
- 26 special rooms for students with disability
- 445 postgraduate seats in Aspire Point
- 251 spaces in Sherren House through partnered provider
- 24-hours security, CCTV cameras, internet service, and other utilities available
- Contracts last for 38.3 weeks (268 days)
- Estimated expenses is £5,078.60- £8,450.51 (USD 6960.65- USD 11582.14)
For more information: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/study/accommodation/
Campus & Contact
Explore Queen Mary University of London’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
Mile End Road Bethnal Green London E1 4NS UK
+44 (0)20 7882 5555
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university