Royal Holloway, University of London
- Public University, Estd 1849
- Egham, England
- 0 Course
- Established in 1849 as Bedford College
- Became an associate college of the University of London in 1900
- Six schools and 21 academic departments
- More than 11,000 students
- Around 1,900 international students
- Employs 1,770 staff members
- Over 95,000 alumni members worldwide\
- Ranked 22nd by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- 77% student satisfaction by the National Student Survey (NSS) 2021
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£3.6K - 8.2K
Royal Holloway is an associate college of the University of London. Established in 1849, it started operating as a constituent college in 1900. The campus is in Surrey, 19 miles away from central London.
The college has six schools and 21 departments. They offer more than 350 courses. Popular courses include Biomedical Sciences, Criminology, and Psychology. Six schools focus on Business, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, and Arts.
This college hosts more than 11,000 students. 1,900 overseas students are among this number. It has 77% student satisfaction as per the National Students Survey (NSS) 2021. It employs 1,770 staff members with visiting teachers as well.
Ten halls for undergraduates and four for postgraduate students are available. All postgraduate halls are self-catered. Undergraduates enjoy four catered and six self-catered halls. Single, shared, and en-suite rooms are available. Students can seek advice for private housing options.
This institution offers both bursaries and scholarships. Department-specific funding is available as well. International students may receive several monetary supports. External funding is also available.
This college accepts several English test scores. They include IELTS, ISE, TOEFL, and Cambridge. Scores may vary based on schools and subjects. The varsity website lists detailed information.
Being research-focused, the college earned 17.2m in funding in 2019/20. It ranks 91st in the UK for research (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021).
Royal Holloway ranks 22nd according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. The Complete University Guide 2021 ranks it 24th. The Guardian University Guide 2021 puts it in 32nd place.
The college has 95,000 global alumni. It conducts exchange programs in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Hong Kong. All these features make Royal Holloway, University of London a recognized institution across the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for Royal Holloway, University of London
For country-specific information: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/international-students/find-your-country/
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
Royal Holloway, University of London through our handy list of options below!
- Ten halls for undergraduates and four for postgraduate students
- All self-catered postgraduate halls
- Four catered and six self-catered undergraduate halls
- Single, shared, and en-suite rooms available
- Kitchen service available for self-catered halls
- Intercollegiate accommodation policy available
- Resident students enjoy various clubs and societies
- Housing scholarships are available as well
- Student support and welfare service available
- Students can seek private accommodation as well
For more information: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/
Campus & Contact
Explore Royal Holloway, University of London’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
Royal Holloway, University of London Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX UK
+44 (0) 1784 434 455
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university