University of Cambridge
- Public University, Estd 1209
- Cambridge, England
- 0 Course
- The fourth oldest in the entire world
- The second largest in the English-speaking world
- Came into being in 1209
- Has 31 constituent colleges
- Offers courses to over 24,450 students in more than 65 subject areas.
- Hosts around 3,100 students from 147 different countries.
- More than 298,000 living alumni around the world as of September 2018
- Alumni members include “110 Nobel Prize Laureates, 47 heads of state, 190 Olympic Medalists”
- Over 90% of former students are working. Others are studying in esteemed research programs within six months after graduation.
- Undergraduate students go through an intensive learning method of short group study every week.
- The Cambridge University Press is unique for being the oldest and second-largest university press in the entire world
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£10.6K - 18.6K
Known for its age and success, the University of Cambridge is a reputed institution. Although founded in 1209, Henry III granted this university a royal charter in 1231. As of 2020, this university is the alma mater of around 24,450 students per year. Among them, 12,850 are undergraduate students and the remaining 11,600 are graduates. The university employs over 11,528 staff members in total. International students from over 141 different countries come here to study. As of 2020-21, among 24,265 students, 9,275 students are not UK nationals. This comprises 41.01% of the student body.
The affiliated colleges generally accommodate all their students. The students may find housing in many flats and some houses. These flats have 1-3 rooms in the Cambridge and Madingley areas. But a student not in any college can also ask the university’s Accommodation Service to help find a seat. The students can also choose private accommodation available in the city area.
The university accepts many qualification levels of international undergraduate students. These include the International Baccalaureate and International A Levels. For English language requirements, the lowest grade for IELTS Academic is 7.5, with 7.0 or above in each element. The lowest score for TOEFL Internet-Based Test (IBT) is 110, with 25 or above in each element.
The university offers scholarships to help students with tuition fees and other expenses. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program awards 80 new international postgraduate scholars every year. It has spent £113 million on 2,004 scholars to this date. This is one of the reasons, the University of Cambridge is so popular in the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Cambridge
Though the educational requirements are subjected to change due to difference in countries and locations, some basic requirements entail:
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Cambridge through our handy list of options below!
- The colleges generally supervise the accommodation of their own students. But if a student is not affiliated with any particular college, they can seek service from the university’s “Accommodation Service” which will manage the residence of the student.
- Two types of accommodation policies are available; one being university-owned or managed accommodation and the other is private accommodation.
- University managed accommodation service consists of both furnished and unfurnished self-contained flats and houses, but not rooms in the Cambridge area. Their availability reaches a minimum period of one year.
- Private accommodation is located throughout the city and surrounding village areas. Here rooms are available in shared student or landlord houses. But the period tends to be temporary.
- All properties are available online.
- International Student Guide: https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/files/international_student_guide.pdf
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Cambridge’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
University of Cambridge, The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1TN, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 337733
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university