University of Edinburgh
- Public University, Estd 1583
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- 50 Courses
- Established in 1583
- One of the six ancient universities of the English-speaking world
- 3 colleges and 21 schools
- Offers 390 undergraduate and 503 postgraduate courses
- 5 main campuses
- Welcomes around 45,500 students
- Over 14,000 international students
- Offers several scholarships for students
- Over 300,000 alumni members
- 83% research works graded as world-leading
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£2.7K - 7.5K
Established in 1583, the University of Edinburgh has a rich history. It is one of the six ancient universities of the English-speaking world. It has three colleges and 21 schools located on five main campuses. It offers 390 undergraduate and 503 postgraduate courses to around 45,550 students. Among them, over 14,000 students come from countries around the world.
The university manages accommodation in six nearby areas. With inclusive student bills and facilities like free WiFi, the halls offer a safe place for the students. The seats are available in the form of flats. Students can choose from options of single rooms or shared rooms. The expenses also depend on this. Students can also rent private housing in the Edinburgh area. The Advice Place of the institution offers students support on this matter.
The university accepts several admission tests. IB programs, A levels, and International Foundation programs are notable among these. International students also must follow some country-specific requirements. The university website lists all these. It also accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, and some other tests under English language skills. The test results are valid for two years.
The university offers many scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. International students get to receive many benefits in this area. Some scholarships are specific to subjects and colleges as well.
The university is research driven. The Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021 ranked it 9th in the UK by research quality. The institution also has its own concert halls and stadiums. The area is home to many historical landmarks. All these features make the University of Edinburgh a desired student destination in the UK and the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Edinburgh
Accepted Qualifications for English Language Proficiency: IELTS, TOEFL iBT (including Special Home Edition), Trinity ISE, LanguageCert International ESOL, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), International Baccalaureate English, etc.
|Application fees||GBP 0 - 60|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Edinburgh through our handy list of options below!
- Manages accommodation in six nearby areas
- Options of university-managed and private accommodation
- The layout includes five-person flats, single rooms, shared rooms, and corridors with common rooms
- Facilities include cleaning service, wireless internet, laundry, a Residence Life team for social support
- Undergraduate halls have both catered and self-catered options
- Postgraduate halls are self-catered with kitchen facilities
- The Advice Place of the university helps students with private housing
- The expenses for halls are all-inclusive which is beneficial for students
For more information: https://www.ed.ac.uk/students/new-students/ready-university/move-edinburgh/accommodation
Explore the courses University of Edinburgh has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Edinburgh’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
33 Buccleuch Place Edinburgh EH8 9JS
+44 (0) 131 650 4296
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university