University of Kent
- Public University, Estd 1965
- Canterbury, England
- 50 Courses
- Established in 1965
- Three campuses in the UK
- International postgraduate centers in Brussels and Paris
- Around 19,000 students across all programs
- Around 4,000 overseas students from 152 countries
- 11 university-managed halls with five private halls
- 1,243 expert academic staff members
- Over 181,000 alumni members in 180 countries worldwide
- 62nd in the UK for research quality (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021)
- One of the top ten research-intensive institutions (The Complete University Guide 2021)
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£3.8K - 12.6K
Known as the European University of the UK, the University of Kent is a reputed institution. It earned the Royal Charter in 1965. The motto of this university is as follows: "Whom to serve is to reign."
It has three domestic campuses with the main campuses located in Canterbury. The other two campuses are in Medway and Tonbridge in Kent. It also has postgraduate centers in Brussels and Paris.
This varsity has around 19,000 students across all programs. More than 14,500 students are undergraduates. Over 4,000 overseas students represent 152 countries in the world.
There are 11 public halls with over 6,500 bedrooms for students. The main campus contains 5,400 rooms. Five private housing options are available as well. Self-catered and part-catered services are available. Students can choose from both standard and en-suite rooms. The halls also offer adapted rooms for students with disabilities. Various facilities with 24/7 security are available.
Kent offers several scholarships and loans to students. Both undergraduate and postgraduate funding is available. International students receive special bursaries. Criteria vary based on degrees and countries. External funding is available as well. The varsity website details all relevant information.
The university accepts various English language test scores. Requirements vary based on subjects and countries. The most recognized tests are IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, and CPE. Other qualifications are available on the varsity website.
This institution is the alma mater of over 181,000 alumni members in 180 countries worldwide. It has a staff of 4,592 members with 1,243 academics in number. 39% of them are international. The college has a Gold rating according to the National Teaching Excellence Framework.
The Kent Union hosts many social, cultural, and sports events for students. The two libraries contain over 1.1m books and journals. The college is research-focused as well. It is one of the top ten in research according to The Complete University Guide 2021. Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021 places it 62nd in the UK for research quality.
Kent maintains partnerships with over 400 international institutions. Its global image makes it one of the most desirable destinations for students in the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Kent
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Kent through our handy list of options below!
- 11 university-managed halls with five private options
- 6,500 bedrooms with 5,400 in the main campus hall
- Self-catered and part-catered services available
- Standard and en-suite rooms available
- Adapted rooms for students with disabilities
- Contract ranges from 39 weeks to 52 weeks
- 31 weeks for part-time residents
- Pricing range estimates £3,846.57- £12,608.96 (USD 5,303.86- USD 17,385.93)
For more information: https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation
Explore the courses University of Kent has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Kent’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
University of Kent Canterbury Kent England CT2 7NZ
+44 (0) 1227 764000
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university