University of Reading
- Public University, Estd 1892
- Reading, England
- 50 Courses
- Established in 1892
- Earned university status in 1926
- Four campuses in the UK and one international campus in Malaysia
- Three main faculties and 16 academic schools
- Around 19,000 students and 1,900 staff members
- More than 5,000 overseas students from 140 countries
- 17 university-managed halls and ten private options
- Ranked 57th in the UK for research strength (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021)
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Meals Expense£5.2K - 13.6K
The University of Reading is a well-known university in the UK. Established in 1892, it earned university status in 1926. It has four UK campuses and one international campus in Malaysia.
With three faculties and 16 schools, it offers more than 450 courses. The popular subjects include Business and Management Studies, Medicine, Economics, Law, Engineering, Architecture, Art and Design, Social Sciences and more. Around 19,000 students attend this institution per year. Over 5,000 students come from 140 countries overseas.
Reading has 17 public halls and ten private housing options. Both catered and self-catered halls are available. Students can choose from shared and en-suite rooms as well.
Students receive several bursaries from this university. These include around 50 Vice-Chancellor Global Scholarships. Students can seek external funding on the varsity website as well.
Reading accepts various English language test scores. IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge are among them. The varsity website lists relevant information for international students.
This university has around 1,900 staff members. It places 57th in the UK for research (Scimago Institutions Rankings 2021). It has several libraries and research centers on campuses. The University of Reading is a popular institution among students around the world.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Reading
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Reading through our handy list of options below!
- 17 public halls and ten private housing options
- Both catered and self-catered services available
- Shared and en-suite rooms, and studio flats available
- An amount of £250 needs to be paid as deposit
- Contract period ranges from 40 weeks to 51 weeks
- Pricing range estimates £5,173.50- £13,566 (USD 7,121.32- USD 18,673.59)
For more information: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/accommodation
Explore the courses University of Reading has to offer to find the right program for you!
MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Course LevelPostgraduate
- Course Duration1 Year
- 1st Year Tution FeesGBP 18.6K
- IntakeFall: September 2023
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Reading’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
University of Reading Whiteknights PO Box 217 Reading Berkshire RG6 6AH United Kingdom
+44 (0) 118 987 5123
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university