University of Regina
- Public University, Estd 1911
- Regina, Saskatchewan
- 50 Courses
- Over 400 active researchers
- Nine Canada Research Chairs
- Ten institutional-level research centers and institutes
- Numerous faculty-operated research centers
- Ranks #1 in Canada for number of international research collaborations
- Ranks #1 in research impact among medium-sized comprehensive universities in Canada
- 10 faculties
- 25 academic departments and schools
- 18 research centers and institutes
- Three federated colleges
- One of the top 200 young universities in the world according to Times Higher Education
- Guaranteed housing
- An acceptance rate of 58%
University at a Glance
- UG/PG Course
- No. of
- Yearly Hostel &
Located in Saskatchewan, Canada, the University of Regina is one of the most prominent public research universities in Canada. It began its journey as a private denominational high school of the Methodist Church of Canada in 1911. It went by the name of Regina College from its commencement to 1961 and the University of Saskatchewan from 1961 to 1974. Currently, many people know it as Regina University, URegina, U of R, or simply, UR since it became autonomous in 1974.
URegina hosts over 15,000 full and part-time students, including 3,000 from around the globe. The university offers these students 120 undergraduate, 78 graduate, and specialized programs. 10 faculties, 25 academic departments and schools, and three federated colleges oversee these programs. Most programs fall under the Faculty of:
- Business Administration
- Media, Arts, and Performance
- Graduate Studies & Research
- Engineering & Applied Science
- Kinesiology & Health Studies
- Social Work
The three federated colleges of the university are Campion College, Luther College, and the First Nations University of Canada.
Regina University hosts its students on two campuses. The College Avenue Campus is the main campus of the university and is in southeast Regina, off the Ring Road at the edge of Wascana Parkway and Kramer Boulevard. The Saskatoon Campus is home to the Faculty of Social Work and the Faculty of Nursing in collaboration with Innovative Place.
Students can choose to live on-campus in one of the five residence halls: Kisik Towers, Paskwaw and Wakpa Towers, La Residence, College West, and Luther College. Students residing on-campus can join student clubs and participate in a diverse range of activities. They can also access jobs, advising, transition programs, and learn skills at the Student Services Centre. The university is famous for its focus on experiential learning. It also offers internships, professional placements, practicums and cooperative education placements in 41 programs. UR is second among comprehensive universities in terms of providing student financial support through scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
The University of Regina was once home to a large alumni base, numbering almost 79,000. The alumni act as global ambassadors and contribute to the development of both Saskatchewan and Canada. The impressive list of notable alumni includes Akiem Hicks, Jhon Hewson, Jonathan Denis, Robert Boyer, and Elizabeth Raum. Regina University also has dedicated staff and faculty members who go above and beyond to contribute to the world. A faculty member, Dr Mohan Babu, is working with the University of Toronto and the Harvard medical school to discover unique approaches to combating e-coli.
Fees & Admissions Requirements
Check out the tuition fee ranges, entry requirements, intake dates,
and more for University of Regina
SOP: Not required
|Application fees||CAD 100 - 100|
Get a headstart on finding the right student housing on- or off-campus for
University of Regina through our handy list of options below!
- The University of Regina provides on-campus housing to both undergraduate and graduate students
- Two campuses have five residence halls:
- Kisik Towers
- Paskwaw and Wakpa Towers
- La Residence
- College West
- Luther College
- Dining facilities and meal plans are available
- Students can choose what kind of room they want
- There is a wide variety of room and building styles across the five residence halls
Explore the courses University of Regina has to offer to find the right program for you!
Campus & Contact
Explore University of Regina’s campuses, location, and surroundings, and get in touch with the university itself to find out more!
3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Review This University!
Are you a student or alumnus of this university? Share your review with prospective students.
Rate this university